Friday 11 March 2011

The Most Important Person in my Life


Flora Tanael
         
     My Mother

At this moment, I find myself giving more importance and all my dedication to only one person. A person that is kind, sympathetic, affectionate, hardworking, always there beside me and willing to sacrifice everything just to make me happy. She carries me nine months in her womb, still taking care of me now, and probably, will be forever. Her name is Flora Tanael, my mother.

It is very common to know that the most important person to a daughter like me is her mother. But for me, she is not just a special person, she is also my idol. I saw her sacrifices for me and for my brothers and sisters as well since we were just a little child. Imagine we are nine siblings, our father is only a tricycle driver with many vices, and she don't have a job or any source of income, but still she provide us a proper nutrition, formal education and right discipline. Though sometimes we didn't celebrate birthdays, Christmas or other occasion with abundant foods, we learn to be contented and happy sharing what we have together. Some people asked my mother, how she did it, how she survived the difficulties of life before, it's funny to know that she, herself didn't know how. Probably, she has a power to make things possible.

The sufferings and tortures of life that she have been through is not easy. I know that sometimes she is crying in her room because of problems and hopelessness she feels. I adore her because despite of bad things that happening to our life she still manage to call and ask guidance, strength and help to our Almighty God. Now, she is 52 years old, I observed that these few months she became weak, sad and frustrated, probably, it still the effect for her loneliest day that happened last June 11, 2010, when my father passed away. I can still recall this day, she keeps on telling that it was only 30 minutes that she went on the market and when she went home, she saw her husband lying on the floor, not moving, not breathing. She only cried in the last day of burial, she was crying while saying that "wala na sya, iniwan na nya ko..."  Those words of her makes all of the people in our house feel empathy especially our relatives. Every drop of her tears turns my heart into pieces. From then, I told myself that I will do my best to make her happy again. I want to show her that even though the most important person in her life left her, I'm still here and I will show her that she is very important to my life and I will do my best to pay her sacrifices in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment